Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dunkable Brownies


I had wanted to bake something this week and I was not sure what... Then Amber said she would come over and she was in the mood for chocolate... and it hit me Dunkable Brownies!!! They are the best! My mom used to make them and I love them... So we went to the store, got the ingredients and got to cooking!! Here is the recipe and pics...

Dunkable Brownies
Ingredients:

-6 squares (6oz) Semi sweet chocolate
-4 squares (4oz) Unsweetened chocolate
-6 tablespoons ( 3/4 stick) butter
-3 Eggs
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
-1 Teaspoon baking powder
-2 Cups of toasted chopped walnuts ( or nut of your choice)

The first thing you want to do is preheat the oven to 325 degrees... Then line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and toast the walnuts... I usually stick mine in as the oven is preheating and by the time it is preheated the nuts are toasted... this time I left them in too long and burned all the walnuts!! I tried one and it tasted like burnt popcorn :O(

I was sooo disapointed and then realized that I had pecans... And that is the nuts that Oklahoma is known for... heck I have a HUGE pecan tree in my backyard... So I decided to use the Pecans and call these Okie Dunkable Brownies!! After the nut of your choice is toasted take them off the cookie sheet and set them to the side until later.

Place all the butter and chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and microwave until melted. It takes about 2 minutes depending on your microwave but you want do this in 30 second intervals taking it out and stiring each time so that the chocolate does not burn...

I made a double batch so my pictures may look like more ingredients then yours...

Photobucket

Once your chocolate and butter is all melted it should be smooth with no chunks like this....

Photobucket

Once melted place all in a mixing bowl and add the sugar. Next mix in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. In a seperate bowl mix the baking powder, salt and flour. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture...

Photobucket

Once the flour and the batter is all mixed together fold in your toasted nuts...

The mixture will be much more wet lookin then normal cookie dough and that is alright! That is how it should look... Because it is a brownie cookie! I lined my cookie sheets with parchment paer and placed the dough on the sheet leaving a litle room for them to spread... They seem to puff up more then they spread so once you see how they cook you will realize how many you can put on each sheet. Bake for about 12 mintues... DO NOT OVER BAKE they are not supposed to be dry inside they are supposed to have a brownie consisancy... So pull them out a few minutes early if you think they look done!

Look they look like little terds ready to bake!! Ha ha

Photobucket

I had to take a peak while they were baking... Mmmmmm Yum Yum

Photobucket

Tada... the finished product...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!

Sinfully Yours,

Heather

4 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake on April 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM said...

YUM! Brownies are soooooo good!

Cakespy on April 9, 2008 at 12:59 PM said...

Oh, my my my. Those do look positively sinful--but delectable. A dangerous combination indeed! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I love brownies...and your look delicious!!!

Unknown on May 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM said...

These look SO good! I love brownies...

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice