Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


The other day I was browsing our fellow foodies and I came across Brownie or Die... She had made this recipe from Cooks Illustrated... It was love at first site and I knew I had to make it... So I came home and did just that... So here is the recipe"

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
2 1/8 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cup chocolate chips

First preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Adjust your oven rack to the middle(I left mine where it was at and it worked just fine)Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil(I used parchment paper)Spray the lined pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl and set to the side.

Whisk melted butter and sugars in a bowl until combined.
Photobucket

Add the egg, the egg yolk and vanilla until well blended.
Photobucket

Using a rubber spatula fold in the dry ingredients. Then fold in the chocolate chips. DO NOT OVER MIX
Put the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula..
Photobucket

Here it is baking... I needed to take a peak...
Photobucket

Bake until top is a light golden brown and the sides slightly pull away from the pan. About 27 minutes... Let it cool to room temperature then cut into 2 inch squares and serve.
Photobucket

I did not wait till room temp I just waited for about 5 minutes until they were cooled... Then Jason and I had one with a glass of milk. You know it is good when Jason mumbles as his mouth is over flowing with cookie bar... " Ohh yeah... Oh yeah you gotta make these again..." As if the whole pan in front of his face was not enough!!
Photobucket

Then today ( the next day) I decided to turn it into the base for a cookie sundae... I heated the cookie bar then placed a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream ontop ( blue bell)... I then dressed it up with melted caramel and hot fudge... what do you think???
Photobucket

Photobucket

Mmmm take a bite!!
Photobucket

All I can say is WOW... It is for sure a keeper at our house...

Sinfully Yours,

Heather

12 comments:

Ryan on April 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM said...

You are such a good homemaker, you make the rest of us look bad. LOL, Those look so good, especially when you turned them into a sundae. YUMMY

Sophie on April 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM said...

I love the caramel design! Very chic! Even though it looks like it belongs in a fancy restaurant, I'd totally dig into this face first :P!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! That looks SOOOO good!

Anonymous said...

delicious! and hope you get to make the chocolate ganache cupcakes soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, love the blog. It's funny as I scroll down looking at each photo I get more and more hungry. Them I see the ice cream and my eyes start to water. Then the chocolate and the caramel sauce comes and I'm starting to drool. Delicious!

Cakespy on April 13, 2008 at 9:16 PM said...

I think I just died and went to heaven. These look so, so good.

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious! My daughter loves anything chocolate chip and I am sure she would love to try this one out!

By the way, I found you through Chuck's The Knead For Bread and I loved your blog. I am going to subscribe to you now to read more from you. Cheers from my kitchen:)

Anonymous said...

Heather, I've just tagged you for a Six Word Memoir. If you would like to play (it is optional) please visit this link for the rules. Have fun!

http://azcookbook.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/i-won-ice-cream-my-6-word-memoir/

Anonymous said...

Those choc chip cookie bars look delicious, and you have a great presentation. It has restaurant quality!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I have ALL the ingredients here & now.... Thank you for sharing. I love cookie bars b/c they suit my impatient nature.

xoxox Amy

How To Eat A Cupcake on April 23, 2008 at 1:25 PM said...

Ahaha I'm so glad you shared this sweet sin! LOL :)

Danielle on August 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM said...

These look sooo good! Like a cookie except more moist and better.

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice