Sunday, May 25, 2008

Crazy Weather...


Well I know I told you I had not had a post lately in pat due to the weather... it has been so humid and hot and stormy that baking and using the oven just sounds miserable... Here are some photos from Thursday at work. This is from 6:15am to about 7:40am... You will see how quick these storms can come in...

I drive 45 miles to work in the morning and then again at night... My work day starts at 7 so I leave the house at about 6am...

This Thursday morning there was an insanely beautiful sunrise... Thank god I am an excellent photographer while driving *wink wink* and I got some photos...
Photobucket
Photobucket

As I got about half way there I started to see that the weather was changing from that beautiful sunset to a storm... I could see toward the North West the rain coming down so hard it almost looked like it could have been a tornado if I did not know better... Just look at that...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here is the Martin Marietta sign... this is where I work... You can tell from the two shots here that to the right of me the sky was normal and to the left the storm had taken over...
Photobucket
Photobucket
As I parked my car in the lot this is what I saw...
Photobucket

And on my other side it just looked like a normal day...
Photobucket

I stood out in the rain for a while trying to get some good pics for you guys of the extreme lightning that was going on... It will go all the way across the sky and down to the ground... my camera delay made it near impossible to get a shot of it... but I managed to get two... and look how close it was to hitting in the same spot twice... CREEPY!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing bad happened just some major thunder, lightning and rain!! But I just think these storms are beautiful and cool... I just hate the hot humidity they bring with them...

I guess in Northern Oklahoma yesterday they had a couple F3's touch down... but I believe everyone is alright... which is good!!

Hope you guys are having a good holiday weekend!! I just thought you might find this interesting.

Sinfully Yours,

Heather

8 comments:

Sophie on May 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM said...

Glad you're safe! Sheesh, those OK storms sound like the ones we have here in TX. I know what you mean about not wanting to bake in the heat! Austin isn't as humid as your town probably is, but I try to turn off the AC when I bake so I don't regret the overuse of electricity when the electric bill arrives :P!

Cool pics, thanks for sharing :).

How To Eat A Cupcake on May 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM said...

I really love those photos!

OMG! Those burgers! SO delicious! I thought I made too many, but every single one got eaten! I'm making them again tonight! The butter is a really nice touch! Thanks for posting the recipe. :)

How To Eat A Cupcake on May 27, 2008 at 4:27 PM said...

Oh yeah I know I haven't had a poll in a while. I just talked about that in the latest video I made (which I can't figure out how to save on our new laptop). I have a lot of cupcake mixes to try out, and I'm using them in order of oldest to newest. But 3 weeks from now there should be a new poll... maybe sooner! (I hope!) :)

Emily on May 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM said...

Those are some scary looking clouds! Glad you're ok.
Have you considered becoming a storm chaser? Ha-

How To Eat A Cupcake on May 28, 2008 at 10:06 AM said...

Yesterday when I made the burgers, I cut up 1/2 a stick of butter into tiny cubes and mixed it in. It worked well also! So delicious! :)

Jannett on May 28, 2008 at 1:52 PM said...

Great photos...Glad you are safe. Nature is an amazing thing.

Unknown on May 31, 2008 at 11:38 PM said...

WOW! Glad that you are safe, girl!! We have had our lovley weather here in Orlando too!

It seems really bad for you guys this year! Hang tight!

How To Eat A Cupcake on June 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM said...

Tagged you! http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged.html

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice