Friday, June 13, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti Bake


Hello Hello--

Sorry it has been so long since my last post... I got busy last weekend and with the heat it is unbearable in the kitchen!! Well today's post is not sweet but it is yummy! A co-worker of mine has talked about "Chicken Spaghetti" that is a family recipe... I finally got it from her and decided to try it out, here it goes...
Chicken Spaghetti Bake
Ingredients:

3-4 Chicken Breasts -I used 4
16oz pkg Vermicelli- I had bought a 24oz pack on accident.. I just left about 1/4 in the bag if you cannot find Vermicelli it is very similar to angel hair2 cans Rotel -I used 1 can of hot and 1 can original-see the picture below
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup- I use the 98% fat free-- it really cuts calories and tastes the same as the original, unlike "healthy request" which has a completely different (wacky gross) taste!1lb Velveeta -cut into cubes
1 Bell Pepper chopped
1 stick Butter- I opted for smart balance stick 50/50 see pic below
1 onion chopped

Directions:
1. In a large pot,boil chicken breasts until done. Shred and set aside.
2. In the same water you cooked the chicken in, cook Vermicelli until
done. Remove, rinse and set aside.
Photobucket

3. In a large pan melt butter and add chopped onion and bell pepper.
Saute until tender.
Photobucket
I tried to give this picture a heart! Because I love it... But then I cut it off somehow :o(
Photobucket
4. Add Rotel and Cream of Chicken Soup to onion/bell pepper mixture. Stir
until blended.
Photobucket
Those Habaneros do the trick if you want to spice something up!!
Photobucket

5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
6. Add Velveeta to your Rotel mixture stir and cook until melted.
Photobucket
7. Once cheesy mixture is melted add chicken and stir then add
Vermicelli. You will need a LARGE pan… this ends up being a huge
mixture.
9. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish and cook in oven for 30 min or until
bubbling- I had to use a 11x15 pan and look how full it is!! I also only cooked it for about 20 minutes and it was hot and bubbling..
Photobucket

OK and now for the review... IT IS GOOD!!! Spicy from the HOT Rotel... and cheesey... I know this is not the healthiest but I made healthy choices with the butter and soup! I think you could use less butter too cook the veggies in... and it would be fine! I also think I will half the recipe if I make it again as you can see how big that pan is... Both Jason and I ate it for dinner and I packed it for lunch and we have only eaten....

Photobucket
I think if you have a big family and you like left overs this is a great dish... It really did not take that long to make and it has a good flavor.. I also think for all you non-meat eaters... that you could sub tofu or a chicken subsitute very easily and get good results! I think it would be good with cream of mushroom soup also.... just as a couple variation ideas... It is very good though with that spicy kick!! I recomend you try it if you are up for some spicy cheesy good times!!

Sinfully Yours,

Heather

1 comments:

Unknown on June 13, 2008 at 12:35 PM said...

Hey Chica- Buy, that looks yummy! Gotta love the Rotel, right? I was JUST thinking about you this morning and wondering where you were! (especially with all of the weather in your neck of the woods!) Thanks for the tag! I'm gonna get you one of these days!! Hee....

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice