Thursday, August 19, 2010

Snickers Cupcakes!


Photobucket
OK So I imagine you are all starting to wonder if I am ever going to bake again with all the dinners that have been posted here lately. Well to answer your question, yes YES I can and to prove it I made these Snickers Cupcakes! I was looking at All Things Cupcake and they did a post about Restless Chipotle who recently did a post about the top 50 cupcake flavors on the Internet! Well of course I was intrigued and I had to check some out. When I came across Snickers Cupcakes at number 5 I knew this was something that I had to try out it was calling my name! While checking out this site I also stumbled over here to My Baking Addiction and saw that there was her version as well! I opted to go with the My Baking Addiction Cake and the frosting from Homemade by Holman. I was very pleased with how these little cuppies turned out! The frosting is sweet but a nice compliment to the very moist and yummy cake! But the best part is the surprise that waits inside!

Snickers Cupcakes
Recipe from My Baking Addiction
For the cake:

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs; lightly beaten
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon of vanilla
24-30 frozen Snickers Miniatures

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line (2) 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, vanilla and water.
4. Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans. {I use a large ice cream scooper it holds 3 tablespoons of batter}.
Here they are ready to have a lovely frozen treat buried inside like treasure!!
Photobucket
5. Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.
I love this photo! Hee Hee I love when something is hidden inside! It is like a little bonus like a free gift with purchase! Ohhh who doesn't love that? (If you don't I think you are crazy and should seek professional help!)
Photobucket
The deed is done! You can't even tell there is an amazing chocolate nougat surprise in there ready to be married to a gorgeous chocolate cupcake!
Photobucket
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. ( Yes it will come out clean even though there is Snickers in the middle! I too doubted this and mine were done at 18 minutes)
7. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.

Frosting:

by Homemade by Holman
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lb powdered sugar
8 mini Snickers bar and Carmel sauce for garnish

Beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about two minutes. Add caramel sauce, heavy cream and vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated to reach the right consistency. Increase speed to medium-high and whip about one minute until light and fluffy. Fill a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes or frost as desired.
Photobucket

Garnish with chopped Snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel of caramel syrup.
Here they are naked just frosting!
Photobucket
And here with their snickers garnish
Photobucket
Ta Da!!
Photobucket
And here is a look at the center! This is what I am always curious to see. Sorry I had to use the flash I could not get the lighting to work with me at all!
Photobucket
And here is a little closer!
Photobucket

Ok so lets get real for a minute... these little suckers are pretty damn good. The frosting is a bit sweet and there were some that almost cringed at it but then kept hoarkig it down. When I asked for feedback and said "SO is the frosting too sweet?" The answer was always "NO. It is sweet but not too sweet it all goes together." I do think that these would be amazing with a Carmel Swiss meringue butter cream and next time I make them that is just what I will use! I think if you like snickers you will love these and they are fun and when someone asks you "what kind of cupcakes are those?" and you respond "snickers cupcakes!" with a proud grin you will see their eyes light up with curiosity!Then you could stalk them and watch them eat it without their knowledge to get what you think is a more real and honest opinion on the goods.... or maybe that is just what I do! LOL

4 comments:

Unknown on August 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

Gorgeous cupcakes!! I love My Baking Addiction :)

Haley on August 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

Those look amazing! I can't wait to try them! Wish u lived closer so I could have already! lol

cookies and cups on August 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM said...

They look really yummmm!
Frosting is NEVER too sweet :)

Jenn on September 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

Hey lady, I put this recipe is my cupcake inspired blog post:
http://thisisjennslife.blogspot.com/

Love it!

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice