Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flower Cakes


Howdy Doody--

Well Happy Father's Day!! I was at home by myself today and decided to try out making flowers out of candies like I had seen Bakerella do on her page... I had different stencils of things I wanted to try... and realized that I left them at work! So I just busted out the flower like she did to give it a whirl!

I just used a white cake mix that I had in the cupboard (trying to save money!) so here is how it went...

I started out by taping the paper down to a cookie sheet and then taping the wax paper over that!
Then started to do the first layer...
Photobucket
Then u fill it in with the next color... Once that set in the freezer for about 10 minutes you just peel them off...
Photobucket
I tried to make a pair of flip flops but they did not turn out so hot!
Photobucket

Then I decided to spice up the cupcake batter and try to give it a swirl of two different colors... I started with the blue...
Photobucket
then I put some white in the middle and a little more blue on top...
Photobucket
Look at how perfect the tops of these cupcakes look...
Photobucket
I had to bite into one hot out of oven... minus the frosting because that is my favorite way to have them...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You can see where there were some air bubble in the candy... and it was my first time so next time will be better.. but I am still rather proud of my silly little cakes... it looks a bit like a 7 year old drew them... but I'm ok with that :O)
Photobucket

Sinfully Yours,

Heather

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are deliciously pretty.

arlene,
Lakewood flowers

Anonymous said...

the flowers look so cute:) in fact, too cute to eat:)

Unknown on June 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM said...

Hey Girlie-

Love these!! They are so cute!!!

Sophie on June 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM said...

aww, these are really cute heather :). i think you did a great job. i've been wanting to do this for so long, but i find it a bit intimidating :D. glad to see you back!

How To Eat A Cupcake on June 17, 2008 at 1:39 PM said...

Oh yes! Cake mix cuppies with no frosting while they are still warm... They practically melt in your mouth!

Suze on June 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM said...

Those look great! I don't even have the guts to try something like that. but then again with my spoiled little Maddie-cakes it's hard to even get time to bake! And even harder to bake while holding her!!

Ivy on July 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM said...

I love what you did with the white and blue batter. They look really neat. I'll have to try sometime.:)

Anonymous said...

Those cuppycakes are super-cute!!

Jelli on October 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM said...

These are really cute! I need to get my hands on some candy melts!

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice