Saturday, September 4, 2010

Snicker doodles!


Photobucket
Just say it with me... Snicker doodles! It is such a fun name to say! I love it! AND I love snicker doodles. They are similar to a sugar cookie only they are so light and and delicious with that cinnamon sugar outside...YUM that is just all there is to it. I have been craving these for a while and the other night I decided that was it, I was going to make them and Hubby was going to eat them! Well, Ok so I ate them too! I found this great recipe that did not call for any cream of tarter (all the recipes I have ever even seen for snicker doodles usually call for this) and since I did not have any I thought this was the perfect recipe to try out.

Snicker Doodles
Ingredients:
*1 1/3 cups AP flour
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
*3/4 cup granulated sugar
*1 large egg
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 For the coating
*1/5 cup white sugar
*1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and then set aside.

In your mixer bowl beat together the butter and sugar until smooth (about 3 minutes.)
Photobucket

Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add in your flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.

Photobucket

Shape the dough into a log and cut it into equal pieces.
Photobucket

Form little balls from each piece. A 1" ball will make a 2" cookie after baking.  Now prepare the coating.

Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir. Easy Peasy!
Photobucket

Then roll each cookie thoroughly in the mixture so it have a good coating on it.
Photobucket

Place cookie balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie gently using the bottom of a glass.
Photobucket
Don't ask what I was thinking when I took this picture and there is a cookie ball blocking me from showing you what is going on! And that is the only shot I got of this process... I am sorry. Hopefully you still get the idea of what I was attempting to show you in my ditz moment!

Here they are all flatened out
Photobucket
Bake for 8 minutes. Once removed from oven leave on cookie sheet for an additional 5 minutes to cool.
Photobucket
Remove and store in an air tight container for up to two weeks. HAHA good luck with that! They will never last that long. The recipe makes about 40 2" cookies.
I enjoyed mine with a nice glass of milk!
Photobucket
Photobucket

These cookies are so light they are dangerous! You could eat so many! They are so cute and almost bite size. I think they would be great to add to any holiday baking basket or even served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some cinnamon sprinkled on top of the ice cream! They are wonderful and I think you should all run home and bake them then come back and let me know how you liked them!

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

cookies and cups on September 5, 2010 at 7:21 AM said...

Snickerdoodles are my husbands all-time favorite cookie! I will have to try your recipe :)

Unknown on September 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM said...

I love a good snickerdoodle. I use the same method to flatten them out, though I've never made them with a slice and bake sort of dough!

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice