Monday, June 21, 2010

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!


Well we just competed a huge task!! We put a new patio in, in our backyard and when Jason's brother and Dad came over to help I knew that I needed to make his brother his favorite dessert. However, since we were so busy in the yard and since I didn't have all the ingredients I usually do (I did not want to go to the store as that would leave us a man down and we had lots of work to do.) I busted out a box mix (don't even start with me OK! I know I know but sometimes they are useful, quick, easy and reliable!) I had just gotten a new pan at Walls Bargain Center for a bargain price of $6.99 and I had been dying to use it and my idea was to make personal size Pineapple Upside Down Cakes! This happens to be my brother in laws favorite (mine too!) SO I quickly got to work made my batter so I could get to baking and then back to digging!!
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Photobucket

Here is the pan ready for the cake... Gosh after I got the butter and brown sugar and pineapple in there wasn't a whole lot of room for batter and room to rise! Oh well good thing my first go at this is just with a box mix!
Photobucket

Hot out of the oven here these cutie cakes are...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Survey says? Yummy cake... perfect for freaks like me that like an equal amount of pineapple to go with each bite of cake! They were so yummy and too cute! I can't wait to use this pan to do my pleasantly pineapple cake (hint hint it will be coming next!)

I thought I would show you all the patio with the new furniture since it was the inspiration for the post and since I blabbed about it. If you are anything like me and hate hearing a story and then getting no visuals then you will enjoy these!

Here is my cheese ball husband the night before when we had dug the patio out and did all the frame work!
Photobucket

Here is the gang working on the pathway... Hey I was helping too but someone had to document the project
Photobucket

Ta Da!! The best part? The candle chandelier on the umbrella!
Photobucket

Here it is just one more time (sorry I am just so proud of us)
Photobucket

Well Happy First Day of Summer everyone!! Hope your summer is going well! I also got a great new BBQ cook book at Lowes this weekend... so expect some yummy new recipes that we will be enjoying on that new patio furniture!! (OK OK OK I will stop finding a way to bring up the patio!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe;

What cute cakes! They would be perfect to take up to Zaca Lake to share with everyone after dinner for PaPa's B-day. Pineapple upside down cakes is one of his favorites. Also great alternative to take to friends this summer for BBQs and Pool Parties. Everyone can have their own cake. Hey how about a mixed berry version, warm, with ice cream. I have berries in our yard and every other day the girls are bringing in a bowl of black, raspberry and bosenberries.
Love ya,
Kuma

Anonymous said...

Whoops forgot to mention the cute patio and furniture. Love the hammock. is the candle holder on the umbrella removable. Where did you get it. Would love a wider view of the back yard, say from the back door looking over the entire backyard! oh yeah, tell Jason he looked real cute!

luv, Kuma

Sweet Sins on June 22, 2010 at 9:12 AM said...

I got the candle holder at Lowes and YES it is removeable so you can raise it up or down! It comes in two parts and you Assemble it around the umbrella pole! It is very cute! Well if I lived closer I would highjack(spelling?) some of your berries and try that idea!! I will email you more photos of the backyard Kuma as I try to keep the blog for just the baking info! Love you Auntie! Thanks for always commenting and being supportive!

Anonymous said...

You have such a cute blog. I love reading it. So creative! I am very proud of you babe.
One small suggestion, update your photo. You are sooooo much prettier than that photo.
I love you, Mom

Suze on June 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM said...

WHAT?! SO cute! I have a pan like that and it's just collecting dust b/c I couldn't figure out what I wanted to make with it! Adorbs, Honey!!
Great job on the patio! We keep saying we'll redo our deck and we haven't gotten around to it yet!

Sweet Sins on June 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Suzanne- did you know at Overstock you can get snap together deck tiles made of teak wood and other woods and snap together a deck? They are similar to the paver stones that we used but wood!! It's super cool and seems really easy! Thanks so much for the kind words...

Ok MOM I will change my photo... thanks for telling me in your mom way that this photo is not so cute! haha! Love you Mom

Unknown on June 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM said...

These are super adorable. Great pan!

How To Eat A Cupcake on July 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM said...

The patio looks great! And the pineapple cakes look sooo delicious! ;D

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice