Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern Cuppies!


Photobucket

As I was driving home the other day I got this great idea for a Halloween cupcake that I had never seen before. I got the idea of carving a cupcake just like you would a pumpkin! Fill the pumpkin with yellow frosting a.k.a the candle light! and then draw the face on the front. So I decided to try it out. I grabbed a box yellow cake mix and added some food coloring to get an orange color. I then cut into the top to carve out the center. I filled it with yellow icing and then put the top on. I placed a piece of pretzel in for the stem and then proceeded to draw on the jack-o-lantern face!
Photobucket

Now not every single one turned out like my vision I must say! So I experimented with the decorating just for fun! I also added some orange sparkles to the tops of some of the jack-o-lanterns and that gave them that extra something that they seemed to be missing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

kuma on October 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM said...

Hi Honey; They are very cute. i am sure your co-workers will enjoy them.

I really loved the hamburger cupcakes. i am going to make them for logan's football team before their next game!

keep up with the good ideas!

You know your mom and I have been doing those healthy eating meetings with Gigi, well I have been experimenting with baking too! I am using a product called Agave Nectar. it is liquid and looks like honey but not as thick. it tastes delicious and I use it to sweeten up my oatmeal and cereal. It is a very healthy natural sugar that even diabetics can digest.

I am trying substituting it in my cookies and breads, along with applesauce for oil and Trader Joe's white/wheat flour. so far I made banana bread and it was good but not great. I still need to add more nectar and more bananas. But the applesauce worked great as a substitute for oil. I will still use butter in other recipes but anything that calls for crisco, solid or melted and oil I will use applesauce instead! I will let you know how it goes! Love ya and talk to you later!

Kuma

PS I have lost 8 pounds in one month with Gigi suggestions but the inches lost have been tremendous. 2 inches everywhere except for 4 in my waist. Without exercise! It is incredible! good Luck!

Sweet Sins on October 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM said...

Kuma! Congrats!! Way to go! I always use the applesauce! No one can even tell the difference and it is yummy. You will have to let me know how your other stuff goes and share your recipes with me. I would be happy to make them and post them if you want! I love you lots a miss you!! Let me know how the hamburgers turn out!

Jelli on October 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM said...

These are cute. I especially like the spiderwebs and sprinkled cuppies. Great idea with the jack-o-lanterns!

Sweet Sins on October 26, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

They are a cute idea... they just did not come out as cute as the idea was mentally... they were missing something...

Unknown on October 26, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

So cute! I really like the spiderweb and the ghost one! Your so creative!! Cant wait to see what you come up with next!! Brenda

How To Eat A Cupcake on December 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM said...

That is such a fun idea!! They all turned out great! :)

 

Sweet Sins 2 Share Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice